Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Training for the Student
Why Become a Personal
Care Assistant (PCA)?
- PCA’s offer assistant services in many settings.
- PCA’s often work in client’s homes, but may also find entry-level positions at adult day centers, personal care homes, assisted living residences or hospitals.
HERO provides PCA
topics such as:
- Understanding the field of health care and health care settings
- Work skills & job maintenance
- The importance of communication
- Legal & ethical aspects of care
- Documentation skills
- Understanding people as individuals
- Job shadowing
- Body systems & functions
- Taking vital signs
- Activities of daily living & instrumental activities of daily living
- Respecting differences
- Time Management
- Person Centered Care