Healthcare career advocacy, training and advancement for job seekers in the health care industry and the provision of information, education and support for healthcare consumers and their families.
The specific goal of our programs are to meet the needs of healthcare employers in the community and train and support the job seeker.
HERO has a solution to the PCA recruiting and retention needs that have been a long-time struggle for healthcare employers in the region.
The employment opportunities that the candidates could fill have not been available due to a lack of training services to make that a reality.
Supporting Families and healthcare consumers with information and education.
- Career preparation and training, including assessment, competency and mentoring to create well-trained workers for the healthcare industry. Readiness includes technical and soft skills such as interpersonal communication and problem solving.
- Career development programs to build the pipeline of workers prepared for front line and career advancement of professional direct care workers through collaboration with other agencies and organizations.
- Professional Development services, such as workshops or assessment services.
- Family Caregiver Services with impartial and unbiased information to enable the consumer and families to navigate the complex health care system, and to aid local employers and the employed family caregiver.
HERO intends to provide these services to:
- Job seekers, including unemployed and dislocated workers seeking new careers, first time workers, front-line health care workers needing additional training, and youth needing career preparation skills.
- Health care employers from hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living communities, home health and community based care.
- Community based organizations, social service agencies, employment and youth programs, churches, and faith-based initiatives with goals to improve education and employment.
- Area companies seeking aid with employee absenteeism due to family care giving responsibilities.